Friday, December 23, 2011

Birds in the Delhi University Campus


A Brown-Headed Barbet eating the Neem fruit - Jan 2012

An Indian Grey Hornbill at the same task on the same tree

A Koel on the same tree cutting a funny figure

On a cold December afternoon with the sun on its last legs, I spotted these Plumheaded Parakeet while walking my dog - they were kind enough to wait while I ran home and got my camera. The male is really the plumhead while the female (below) has a  pale grey head.


The two together ->

Plumhead again, some weeks later in January


Koel in my backyard on the Gulmohor tree



A pair - both males. Were into some sort of a fight, it seems. The one seen on the left kept up a persistent call and would keep hopping closer and closer to the other bird till the other took flight.


I have heard this Koel ( with crimson eyes) just outside our residence for long. Finally managed to catch him - mid April 2011

A Sunbird Sucking nectar from a hibiscus flower in our back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment