Friday, September 6, 2013

Birds of the Chandra Tal area, Spiti

I started the trek from the temple at Kunjum La on a late August morning in rolling fog. Conditions were not very good for photography with a thin drizzle and strong wind that made it very difficult to handle a camera and an umbrella simultaneously.


A board erected near the Tal lists the birds - local & migratory - to be spotted in the area.










A Robin Accentor near Kunjum La

















Spotted a tro of Black-Winged Stilt on the banks of Chander Tal that played "catch me if you can" with me whenever I tried getting any closer












A Hoopoe engrossed with his mate (not in the picture) by the road to Chander Tal









Horned Lark seen in Batal

















Pied Wagtail at Batal. Also spotted large flocks of Fork Tailed Swift on the rocky hill tops but found these to be very shy.

1 comment:

  1. Your birding journey seems to have been very fruitful and satisfying! Would love to do this sometime myself.

    Please check the Id of this last bird. Seems like the white wagtail at Batal... I could be wrong though.

    ReplyDelete